Web Site Administrator: Dwayne Litteer
Officers & Directors for 2016-2017
President - Pete Cote
1st Vice President - Kathy Anderson
2nd Vice President - Dr. Anthony Price
3rd Vice President - Rev. Mark Davis
Secretary - Carol Leskovjan
Treasurer - Dwayne Litteer
Tail Twisters - Kathy Anderson, Vaughn Davidson,
LaNelle McKay, Joe Wilson, Terry Valmain, and Randy Casey
Lion Tamer - Sam Thomas
Membership - Mike Shirley
Past President - Travis Gaynor
Director - 1 Year Term - Bill Hogan
Director - 1 Year Term - Harvey Oyler
Director - 2 Year Term - Marc Morris
Director - 2 Year Term - Mark David Sherron
Baytown Lions Club History
The Tri-Cities Lions Club, which later became the Baytown Lions Club with the consolidation of the three cities of Goose Creek, Baytown, and Pelly was organized on September 28, 1928 in a meeting at the old Grace Methodist Church. W. R. Smith, later Superintendent of Schools, was named the first club president. E. W. Bruce, then Principal of Anson Jones School, was named secretary-treasurer. The Charter was presented to the club at a dinner meeting at the Humble Dormitory on October 23, 1928. There were 46 charter members of the club.
The first luncheon meetings were held in the dining room of Grace Methodist Church. For awhile, the meetings were held at the cafeteria of Robert E. Lee High School. In September 1931, the club moved back to Grace Methodist Church. The club has since meet at Wyatt's Cafeteria, Ryan's Family Steak House, and now at Golden Corral Restaurant.
Eighty seven individual Lions have served as President of the club. Each President has served a one year term and none have repeated the office.
The Baytown Lions Club has been active in advancing Lionism and has sponsored sixteen new Lions Clubs.